Return Policy Information
We want to do everything possible to make your return process smooth and easy. Our guarantee to you is that if you wish to return products for any reason you may send them back to us postmarked within 30 days from the date you receive your order.
We are proud of the fact that:
- We do not charge a restocking fee.
- We do not require you to contact us beforehand, nor do we require you to get a “return authorization” from us.
- You have up to 30 days from the date you receive your order to return merchandise.
Please include a copy of your invoice in the return package, or a note with your name, address, and telephone number. We would appreciate a short explanation (although not necessary) as to the reason for your return. Your feedback helps us to understand the needs and concerns of our valued customers and assists us in developing better products.
Qualifying returns are eligible for a refund to your credit card. Please let us know the last four digits and expiration date of the original credit card used for the purchase. If you paid for your order with a check/money order, we can issue a refund in the form of a company check 30 days after your invoice date
We are happy to accept local return orders at our Mountain Rose Herbs Mercantile. Please bring your receipt along with your returned items. Please note that returns can only be accepted if ordered within the last 30 days. Our MRH Mercantile is located at 152 W 5th Ave Eugene OR 97401. Our retail store is open from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm Pacific Time Monday through Saturday and from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on Sunday.
Returns may be shipped through USPS or UPS to the following address:
- All shipping charges become the sole responsibility of the customer, unless it is the error of Mountain Rose Herbs. Any refused or non-deliverable packages will be canceled upon receipt and will be subject to a return-shipping fee by the carrier and this fee will be deducted from the refund amount for the products. Original shipping is non-refundable.
- We are not able to honor requests for product exchanges and store credits.
- Returned items must be in their original, undamaged packaging, and refunds will be issued only for the unused portion of the product returned.
- We do not accept returns on products that have been mixed or blended together with other ingredients. This contaminates the raw product(s) leaving us unable to assess them in the original condition in which they were received. If you are purchasing bulk ingredients in order to create formulations, please inspect raw materials carefully before combining. We would recommend performing a small test batch with a specific ingredient if you have any questions or concerns about its possible performance in your recipe.
- We do not accept returns for clearance items, clothing, or mugs.
- We do not accept returns of opened 8oz and larger sizes of essential oils or herbal extracts. The tamper evident safety seal must remain unbroken (in these sizes only) in order to qualify for a return.
- Mountain Rose Herbs only ships to final destinations located in the USA and Canada. If you are using a freight forwarder to ship overseas or to Mexico, you (or the freight forwarder that you so designate) become the exporter of the goods. Mountain Rose Herbs will not be responsible for damage or loss that occurs to goods after they are received and shipped by the freight forwarder. This means that Mountain Rose Herbs will not be able to provide a replacement of, or refund for, any goods delivered to a freight forwarder, nor will we be able to address any issues with quality concerns once the package has left the country.
- Please do not return products that do not meet the return criteria listed above, as we will not be able to issue refunds for non-qualifying items and cannot return the items to you.
Discrepancies and Shortages
If your order is received with any notable shortcomings, please contact customer service immediately.
All discrepancies, shortages, broken merchandise and any requests for returns must be made within 30 days from the date you receive your order. Any requests for compensation or remediation will not be accepted after 30 days from the date you receive your order.
As with all natural materials and food items, herbs, spices, and other organic botanical products can be subject to insect infestation.
Mountain Rose Herbs implements several control methods to guarantee that every botanical item shipped from our warehouse is completely free of live insects and parasitic activity.
Control methods for our facilities includes treating the facilities with Pyrethrum (natural botanical powder), Pheromone traps, Diatomaceous treatments, electronic and sonic repellers, temperature controlled storage facilities, flash freezing all suspected farm harvested material immediately upon receipt, and the implementation of good hygiene practices.
While we take arduous steps in guaranteeing the absolute cleanliness of our herbs and spices, this does not mean that the materials you purchased from Mountain Rose Herbs will stay pest free during the tenure of your ownership.
Please observe good storage guidelines, and if minor insect infestation is found, freeze immediately at a temperature of 10-30 degrees.
Mountain Rose Herbs will offer a full and immediate refund for any items which are found to contain pests within a 30 day period. Any items infested after this period of time will become the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Refunds are only available for the dollar value of the merchandise and we will not be liable for any other expenses incurred as a result of infestation.