At Mountain Rose Herbs we understand that recycling by itself is not enough to sufficiently reduce our waste footprint. We have made it a priority to close the loop and purchasing products strictly made from materials with high recycled content. We currently utilize recycled materials in the packaging and shipping of our products.
- Our carrier oils are packaged in 8oz. and 16oz. plastic bottles made from 100% recycled plastic.
- Our herbal capsule bottles are manufactured from 100% recycled plastic resin.
- Our tins are made from materials containing at least 25% recycled metal.
- Our product labels are printed with 100% recycled paper stock.
- Our 4 oz. tea boxes are made from 100% post-consumer waste materials.
- All of our cork top jars are made from 100% recycled glass.
Our Shipping Materials
All of our packaging and shipping materials are rigorously screened by other green businesses who work within the same paradigm as Mountain Rose Herbs. We prioritize using lightweight, recycled content materials. Our shipping boxes are made from 100% post-consumer corrugation. Instead of plastic bubble wrap, we use 100% recyclable, biodegradable, and compostable GreenWrap and inflatable air pillows to fill voids and cushion merchandise during transit. The stretch film we use to wrap pallets is manufactured from a plant based resin and is 100% bio-compostable! The paper used for inserts, invoices, brochures, etc., is made from 100% post-consumer recycled paper, and the plant-based packing peanuts used to protect glass are never purchased, but are salvaged from incoming shipments. We donate excess packing materials to a local, e-waste recycling non-profit.